5 Must Do Exercises for a Flat & Sexy Tummy
We have this problem of a protruding tummy even if we are slim otherwise. It has to do with the way we eat and our lack of exercise. Most people think they need to join expensive gyms and do 100 crunches everyday to get those celeb-like flat abs. But the truth is it is just about eating the right food, doing some belly-busting yoga poses and trying these simple exercises. Calculate how much weight you can lose in a month here.
1. Lift and Twist Crunch
This is a Pilates exercise and is excellent for trimming the waist and toning the tummy.
- Lie on your back on a yoga mat. Bring the hands behind the back of the neck, lift and twist the upper body to one side and bring your elbow towards the opposite knee.
- Inhale, lower back down.
- Exhale, lift and twist towards the other side, inhale return to starting position.
- Keep this movement going and you can start to speed it up a little bit once you get comfortable with the exercise.
- Then, start to extend one leg out as you go.
- Keep pulling the lower tummy muscles up and breathe deeply.
- To advance it further, you can start to tap the heel of the extended leg on to the floor.
- This will work the lower tummy muscles even more therefore giving support and strength to the lower back.
- Aim for doing it for 30 seconds in one go.