Top 10 Kid Friendly Dinner Recipes Easy to Eat
Picky eaters and never enough time? Dinner doesn’t need to be a battle against the clock and finicky taste buds. Our Kid-Friendly Recipes will have a nutritious dinner they will all love on the table in less than 20 minutes. Whether it’s favorites like pizza, macaroni and cheese, or fish sticks, you’ll find healthy versions of all the dishes your children love. The best part is that adults will enjoy these creative recipes too.
1. Mini Bow Ties with Bacon and Peas
Finishing your peas and carrots is exponentially more exciting when bacon is involved. In fact, almost every dish is more exciting when bacon comes to play, so feel free to swap your family’s favorite veggies into this versatile pasta.
8 ounces uncooked mini farfalle (bow tie pasta)
3 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
1/2 cup prechopped onion
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup unsalted chicken stock
1 cup frozen green peas
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
5/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
How to Make It
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon.
- Add onion and carrot to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes. Add stock; bring to a boil. Add peas; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid, bacon, thyme, salt, pepper, and cream cheese. Add pasta to pan; toss to coat. Serve immediately.