9. Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Bundles
Asparagus and salmon combine their superfood powers to create one delicious and nutritious breakfast that offers more than 10 grams of protein per serving. An added bonus: these quick and easy bundles are easy to make in advance.
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed (about 20 spears)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Lay the asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until cooked and starting to brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to another baking sheet to cool.
- Once the asparagus spears have cooled, wrap four or five spears together with one slice of smoked salmon. Repeat with the rest of asparagus spears and salmon slices.
10. Cottage Cheese With Fruit
For a quick, high-protein breakfast that hits the spot, opt for a bowl of cottage cheese with an assortment of your favorite fresh fruit and berries. For just 81 calories, four ounces of cottage cheese offers a whopping 14 grams of protein.