Once you have the basics down, you can begin cooking and baking. We’ll go over some breakfast ideas that you can pull together over the weekend, the night before, or very quickly in the morning to eat on your commute, at your desk, or during that last five minutes before you have to leave the house:
Quick & Easy Breakfast Ideas
1. Baked Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a heart-healthy, valuable source of fiber and research proves that eating oatmeal can lower cholesterol. If you have never eaten baked oatmeal, do not deny yourself the pleasure any longer. In fact, you may already have the ingredients for this hearty breakfast treat in your kitchen or pantry.
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
1/3 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries)
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together the oats, brown sugar, nuts, dried fruit, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, applesauce, butter, and egg. Stir into the oats mixture until combined.
- Coat an 11 x 7 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- After baking, allow to cool and cut into single servings. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer using a freezer bag. In the morning, remove the wrap and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds or until gooey and warm.