Egg Muffin with Cottage Cheese and Fruit
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 medium grapefruit
Toast a split English muffin, then top each half with sliced egg. Serve cottage cheese with grapefruit wedges on top.
Total: 357 calories
Grapefruit’s reputation as a diet superfruit is backed by science: In a study, those who ate half a grapefruit with each meal lost more weight than those who didn’t eat it.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz soft tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 Arnold Sandwich Thins 100% Whole Wheat
- 1 oz part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp oregano
Heat oil in a sauté pan, then add tofu and vegetables. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often. Serve on sandwich thin, and top with cheese and oregano.
Total: 328 calories
Happy news, vegetarians: Soy foods are as good as other proteins for helping you drop pounds on a low-calorie diet, a study found.