Sunrise Sandwich with Turkey, Cheddar, and Guacamole
- 1 egg
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz low-sodium smoked turkey breast
- 1 slice American, Cheddar, or pepper Jack cheese
- 1 thick slice tomato
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 1 Tbsp guacamole or Wholly Guacamole
Fry egg over medium heat to desired doneness. Heat turkey topped with cheese in microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Then, stack tomato, turkey, egg, and guacamole on a split English muffin, and crown the sandwich.
Total: 360 calories
This fast-food breakfast alternative is packed full of healthy ingredients that will keep you full—and your heart healthy, thanks to that guacamole.
Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp honey
In a blender, combine the banana, milk, blueberries, strawberries, peanut butter, and honey. Process about 1 minute, or until the consistency of a thick milkshake.
Total: 225 calories
Adding a banana to your morning could make you look and feel instantly slimmer. Its potassium helps with short-term shrinkage, says Lauren Slayton, R.D., founder of Foodtrainers in New York City.